Healing Crystals 101
Mercury is in retrograde! Yup again, LOL! However, I no longer get freaked out by it - I like to use this as a time to do some introspection.
Yesterday on Instagram I shared the crystals that I will be using during this Mercury retrograde period. I got a few questions in my DM asking me to sharing what I know about crystals. I haven't always been a believer. *shocker* The homie Kristen, who I call my oracle, would reach out to me like you are going through xyz you need to get tigers eye right now. The first few times I totally ignored her advice. Then one day, I went to Everyone's Place in Baltimore and picked up a few crystals of her suggestions.
I now have 17 crystals and just ordered a few more this morning to add to the collection. I started my collection with these five crystals:
- Rose Quartz - clears out anger, jealousy, and resentment of others, and allows healing of heart issues. Can be used to attract love.
- Moonstone - soothes emotional instability and stress, and stabilizes the emotions, providing calmness. Moonstone enhances intuition and promotes inspiration.
- Tigers Eye - helps you to release fear and anxiety and aids harmony and balance. Also known for stoking the fires of passion deep within the loin.
- Turquoise - known as the truth stone. Assists in the communicating the truth and and articulating ones inner wisdom.
- Garnet - has the power to purify the energies in your body by getting rid of the toxins and restoring your body to its revitalized and re-energized state.
Here are some great ways you can clean your crystals:
- Bathe it in sunlight or moonlight. I usually set my crystals on my window seal to catch the sunlight during the day.
- Bathe your crystals in a sacred smoke. Use white sage or any other smudge stick and hold your crystals in the smoke.
- Rest it on selenite or quartz. I literally just ordered a selenite bar yesterday for this purpose. Just place your crystal on a piece of either to cleanse. You can also use these crystals to clean your aura on energy on your person.
My crystals are clean, so now what?
Now is the time to give your crystal a job. Set the intention for the work that you want the crystal to do - you ultimately want to bring a synergy between you and your cleansed crystal. Now is the time to get specific, there is no room for ambiguity! If you meditate, think of it the same as setting your intention for your practice. I actually use my crystals when I meditate.
- Hold your crystals and close your eyes.
- Connect to your intention and speak your intention and your wish for your crystal. I enjoy Energy Muse as a great resource. Heather give a great template for setting the intention: "Aloud or in your head, say: I ask that the highest vibration of love and light connect with my highest self to clear all unwanted energy and any previous programming. I command this crystal to hold the intention of…To finish this sentence, add three intentions for your crystal – energies you wish it to hold for you."
- After you set your intention, just thank the universe.
Where to buy healing crystals?
I do have a store that I visit in Baltimore I mentioned earlier to grab stones, but for those of you looking for online shops check out these.
- Energy Muse - They literally have everything you need, from chakra sets to a 60lb crystal.
- Chakra Zulu Crystals - Great shop! Offers sets, individual stones, and even smudge sticks.
- B.Birdwatcher Spiritual Stones - If you are looking to wear your gems, here you go!
So I hope my crash course in healing crystals has served you well! Let me now if you still have questions, maybe I need to line someone up to come on the podcast to discuss - a true expert.
Also, what are some of your favorite crystals? Talk to me!