5Spot: Black Panther Edition (NO SPOILERS)
No spoilers are here! ABSOLUTELY NONE! I promise!
- I enjoyed every second of Black Panther. Every damn second! It was beautiful, the people were beautiful. This is coming from someone who doesn't even like movies.
- Speaking of beautiful people, the film is literally filled with them. You have the magnificent Angela Bassett, the gorgeous Lupita Nyong'o and Danai Gurira, the yummy Winston Duke, the handsome Sterling K. Brown, and that fine ass Michael B. Jordan. MY GOD!!!!
- You don't have to know anything about Marvel anything or Black Panther anything to see it, which is great! I literally think the only comic book movies I have seen are the older X-Men ones. #SorryNotSorry
- I was thankful that I was in a theater that didn't have an African drum experience tho. That just seems extra annoying. But I really love that black folk showed up and showed out in their best attire. Can't wait to see what else people wear this weekend! I will be following the hashtag.
- Man I can't wait to see this shit again! WHEW!
So have you seen Black Panther? Are you going to see it this weekend? Are you going to dress up? Tell me everything in the comments!
P.S. I will probably be doing another post after I see it again to unpack it a bit more. I can't tackle it right now though.