I did and it was good as fuck!
I remember the day and where I was when I confessed my love for Beyonce -- July 2, 2005 in Philadelphia, PA. I was at the Live 8 concert; during Destiny's Child set in the middle of the Say My Name, I stood up and sceamed "I LOVE YOU BEYONCE!"
There is only one witness to this event, my college BFF Jazo. Over the years I never professed to be in the beyhive, because I wasn't. I appreciated Beyonce and recognized that she was in a league of her own, yet I still wanted more. I wanted something deeper from Beyonce something more than the nonsense she was putting out there. I mean come on 7/11 was trash -- cute video tho! I desperately wanted her to do more, make music that I could connect to.
Well finally she fucking delivered! FINALLLYYYYYYYYYY! Lemonade is great! We finally had a moment where there visuals and the music matched. FINALLLLYYYYY! I am currently watching Lemonade for the second time and boy did Beyonce show amazing growth and progression as an artist. There was depth to the lyrics and the visuals.
- I am still digesting the visuals. It was so much to take in.
- She had Serena twerking for her. SERENA WILLIAMS!
- I think Beyonce has finally given us a classic album. Finally there are lyrics that are saying something. We are not left trying to determine if "I've been drinking watermelon" means she swallows.
- "I fucked with you until I realized I was too much for you!" >>TRUE STORY!
- She told us so much, but at the same time didn't tell us anything. LMAO!
- Why isn't Forward longer?
- She had me ready to check the man I don't even have. Like really ready to cuss a motherfucker out who does not exist.
- I wish Formation wasn't on the album. I didn't really enjoy that song when it dropped in February.
- My favorite songs right now are Pray You Catch Me, Don't Hurt Yourself, Sorry, and Love Drought.
- I AM SO IMPRESSED!
I think I can say that I love Beyonce again. I am not in the beyhive though. I am beyhive adjacent, cuz I am not gonna fight Rachel or Rita in the name of Beyonce, LMAO! Can we call it the honey pot? What did you guys think? Are you a new member to the Beyhive or Honeypot? Were you impressed with Lemonade? Let me know!
ALL HAIL QUEEN BEY!