Well, America really America'd last night. I said the fucknut was going to win. So why am I still so shocked? I had no faith in America.
I am sitting here numb. I want to cry, but no tears are falling. How many times can I have hope in a country that consistently and clearly shows that it doesn't love you back? America showed its true colors! Too many thoughts are swirling around in my head. I am not going to force a cohesive paragraphed post:
- I promise you I am going to treat him the same way they treated President Obama, with the UTMOST disrespect!
- I will not allow anyone to put this on black or brown people. Nope nope nope! White America showed out for who they wanted to win!
- There is so much at stake. So very much! The Supreme Court, ACA, Dodd-Frank Act, pell grants, transportation funding, Fair Housing, etc.
- I am numb.
- White privilege is so fragile.
- I can't wait to see the diversity in that fucknut's cabinet.
- Women's groups are encouraging women get IUDs in the event that Roe v. Wade is overturned and birth control is banned. IS THIS HAPPENING?
- What happens now? I honestly don't think we can go back from here. There are people full of hate who are embolden and empowered right now.
- I didn't feel this way when W won in 2000 or 2004. This is new territory! (I do like W though. Shitty President though.)
- I really would love to know how many people I know who swore up and down they would never vote for HIM got in that damn voting and did that very thing! Stop saying it was uneducated whites who won the election for him. Nope! Your coworker voted for him. Your neighbor did too!
Family, practice self care today if you need too. Close your office door. Eat lunch in your car. Do what you have to do protect yourself. That's all I have!